Ports Make A Difference
Video requires Flash Download Now
are commercially viable, self-sufficient business enterprises acting
to trade' for the communities and regions they serve.
- Every year the goods loaded and off-loaded at Canadian Port Authorities
across Canada exceed 280 million tonnes by volume.
- Approximately another 280 million tonnes is handled at private ports and at smaller regional ports across Canada.
- Canada Port Authorities handle more than $160 billion worth of goods annually, a quarter
of all Canadian trade.
- The economic impact of this business activity exceeds $26 billion dollars annually.
- The direct and indirect Jobs created by Canadian Port Authorities exceed 250,000.