ABOUT ACPA — Profile
What we do
- Provides advocacy and intelligence on issues
that will impact on the competitiveness and business interests
of the port industry;
- Promotes and communicates the understanding of
the prominent role that the port community plays in domestic and
- Provides a forum for partnerships and alliances
among its members;
- Encourages environmental stewardship; and
- Encourages ongoing professional development.
Main activities of the Association
An ongoing dialogue with government on issues in the port community.
- AGM and Conference:
This annual event, in collaboration with the host port, is a robust 2 day business conference. Also included is a 2 hour technical tour of the host port. This popular event provides an opportunity for all in the port community to reflect on critical issues of the day and to network with like-minded people in the port community. During the conference the Association holds its AGM to report on the activities for the past year and to provide a forecast for the upcoming year to its members.
- Committee Work:
The many port-related research projects covered between annual
meetings by the Association’s standing committees.
- Government Relations:
Position papers and resolutions on key transportation and marine issues of the day; and ongoing interaction with public policy decision-makers at all levels.
- Seminars: Corporate Governance
- Publications: Annual rePORTage Magazine