ABOUT ACPA — Profile
What we do
- Provides advocacy and intelligence on issues
that will impact on the competitiveness and business interests
of the port industry;
- Promotes and communicates the understanding of
the prominent role that the port community plays in domestic and
- Provides a forum for partnerships and alliances
among its members;
- Encourages environmental stewardship; and
- Encourages ongoing professional development.
Main activities of the Association
An ongoing dialogue with government and the public on issues in
the port community.
- AGM and Conference:
A comprehensive Annual General Meeting and Conference where
reports by the Board of Directors and by various standing and
ad hoc committees are presented; where papers are given by experts
in the field of operations and port-related activities; and an
excellent networking opportunity for all those doing business
in the port community.
- Committee Work:
The many port-related research projects covered between annual
meetings by the Association’s standing committees.
- Government Relations:
Position papers and resolutions on key transportation and
marine issues of the day; and ongoing interaction with public
policy decision-makes at all levels.
- Special Seminars:
Corporate Governance - Public Relations/Marketing - National Operations
- Harbour Masters - Property Management - Port Management - Environmental
Stewardship - Public Policy Development - AGM Conference.
- Special Publications: Manifest,
the ACPA Newsletter - ACPA Bulletins - Special Issues Reports
- Membership Directory - Annual Committee Reports - Glossary of
Terms for Maritime Shipping - ACPA Position Papers - Annual Canadian
Ports Magazine - ACPA Website.